This is a Tip-Off with information about taking advantage of the deals that many travel companies are offering during this terrible Coronavirus pandemic period.
Here are the details for Qatar Airways:
Qatar say that they are offering various choices for travel during the Coronavirus duration, with greater flexibility for flights, as well as safety guarantees. They are giving customers the option to plan now and travel when they are ready. This applies whether you have booked or are planning to book for travel up to 31 December 2020.
Read on for more information…
For tickets issued on or before 30th September 2020 and valid for travel on or before 31st December 2020:
- Keep your ticket and use it when you are ready with their extended ticket validity, now valid for two years from the date of ticket issuance. To do this just call any of their offices or contact centres to extend your ticket validity.
- You can change your travel date or destination free of charge, as often as you need to, for travel until 31st December 2020. You can change your origin to another city within the same country or any other destination they fly to within a 5,000 mile radius of your original destination.
- Swap your ticket for Qmiles and redeem them towards reward flights, extra baggage or cabin upgrades when the time is right. For every 1 USD, you will earn 100 Qmiles which will be credited to your Privilege Club Membership card. They are valid for at least three years, so you can have the flexibility to choose how, when and for whom to redeem them. *It’s a good idea to join the Privilege Club before you book any flights. Another bonus is that children under the age of 12 can be enrolled as part of the family member by any parent, and mileage accrual will be posted to the Main Member’s account.*
- You can exchange your ticket for a future travel voucher with 10% additional value. Vouchers are now valid for two years from the date of voucher issuance. The 10% additional amount will be calculated on the unutilized base fare (taxes and all other applicable charges excluded) of the ticket originally paid and remains non-refundable.
- They say that you can rest assured that they will refund your ticket to the original form of payment if your flight gets cancelled.
Carefully read the above Coronavirus travel information…
If you need to make any flight bookings, do so as soon as possible so that you are eligible for the above great benefits, especially during this very uncertain time.
Qatar Airways is a fantastic airline that I highly highly recommend from personal experience.
You can read my review on them here: Qatar Airways Review
Qatar are one of the largest and most experienced global airlines throughout the COVID-19 crisis. They say that they continue to ensure that their safety and hygiene measures are of the highest standard. New procedures are constantly implemented throughout the journey, from check in to arrival at the destination.
If you would like to read their procedures in transit, download their very detailed safety measures fact sheet by clicking here Qatar Airways Fact Sheet.
Happy Travel Planning!