Keeping your home running smoothly with decent healthy meals and clean laundry, as well as making sure that it is clean and tidy as much as possible (whew!), can be a total pain, and feel like an amazing waste of time. So, I decided to find as many cleaning and household ‘hacks’ as I could in order to make life at home easier, more pleasant, and leaving more time for the things we really enjoy.
I hope that you find these tips useful, and that you are able to easily put them into practice in your home.
Did you know that you can clean kitchen countertops and stainless steel appliances with white vinegar? Dilute it by adding double the amount of water as white vinegar in a spray bottle, then use it as you would a regular household cleaner. Make sure to completely dry stainless steel after cleaning though, so that it doesn’t spot. Voila, nice and simple!
- In a ziplock bag, add ½ cup baking soda (bicarbonate of soda), ½ cup cornstarch, and ½ cup lemon juice until the mixture clumps.
- Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water in the mix and knead it.
- Repeat this step until the mixture feels like dough.
- Finally add 15 drops of your favourite essential oil in the dough mix and knead again.
- Store it in ice trays and leave to dry for a couple of days. Once it is dry, remove one of the toilet bombs and put it into your toilet bowl. Let it fizz up for a couple of minutes and then flush.
Shiny Clean Without Silicone:
Keeping the Cockroaches at Bay:
Banish Stinky Drains:
Pipe Cleaners to the Rescue:
Green Cleaner for a Mattress: