Sitting Easy with Cam Il Mondo
When we moved to Northern Spain from South Africa in 2018, our little boy was 12 months old and we did not have a highchair for him to use when eating at the table. This was a huge problem, as meal times were becoming a massive messy crazy situation! So we decided to get a highchair, but we could not find a shop in our area that sold the kind that we needed.
We were looking for one that was:
- very strong, to withstand an active little boy;
- easy to wipe down and clean;
- able to fold up and not heavy, so that we could bring it along on our worldschooling travels;
- safe i.e. does not tip over easily;
- not expensive, as our funds were very limited.
We did a lot of research and finally found one on Amazon.es. It is perfect for us, and I wanted to tell you about it in case you are trying to decide which highchair would be best for your family. We decided on the Cam il Mondo Elevator Chair (Pop Smarty model), at the time it was Eur 58, 34 with free shipping for Amazon Prime customers.
Here are some of the facts about this highchair:
- The chair is for children age 6 months to 36 months.
- It is made in Italy and is patented with a unique, universal fixing system.
- There are rubberized non-slip stoppers on the base of the product for safety.
- The Seat belt has 3 points with adjustable harnesses.
- It has 4 height options (0-18 cm.).
- A large, removable and washable tray.
- Anatomically shaped seat with soft removable and washable printed fabric padding.
- It adapts as the baby grows: ideal both as a portable seat with the tray for younger ones, and as a booster seat without the tray for older children who want to sit at the table with their parents.
- Very easy to clean with a sponge removable cover, which is washable at 30°C.
- Ultra-compact folding.
So you can see that the above met our criteria perfectly! Our son loves his highchair and happily gets into it to eat. It is really tough, as he is very rough with it and nothing has broken. It wipes down very easily and the cover/seat padding is a breeze to take off and put in the washing machine. It folds down nice and small, and is light enough to carry it around on any travels without being bulky and heavy.
We are very content with this chair and would definitely recommend it to all parents, especially those who are full-time travelling or who travel often.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. Just a reminder that I am not paid to write any reviews, so they are my own opinion, totally unbiased and honest!